Friday, April 20, 2007

Baldwin berated the daughter

A family court judge temporarily ordered Baldwin to cease all contact with his daughter, pending a May 4 court hearing in Los Angeles, where Basinger and Ireland live.

The couple during their happy days.

kim basinger and alec baldwin

Alec Baldwin who is divorced from his ex-wife, actress Kim Basinger berated his daughter calling her "rude, thoughtless little pig".

The question is if Baldwin is going to lose his visitation rights.


“It’s the nastiest divorce I’ve ever seen,” said Levin. “It’s been going on for years. There has been such hatred and bitterness in this family. Kim Basinger believes that she has been the victim in this, that he has an explosive, volcanic temper. He believes that she’s denying him the right to parent Ireland, and it has just been endless.”

“It’s pretty unusual that someone loses the right of visitation based on words alone,” Abrams said. “But when you hear these words, and they are on tape, [it’s] not surprising.”

The words were harsh: “I don't give a damn that you’re 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you’re a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the a** who doesn’t care about what you do as far as I’m concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone,” he said.

He was scheduled to call Ireland at a specific time. When she didn’t answer, which he indicated has happened before, he exploded, saying he was going to get on a plane and fly from New York to Los Angeles to “straighten you out on this issue.”

Basinger was charged with contempt of court in 2004 for violating the custody agreement. A hearing on that charge is pending. At the May 4 hearing on Baldwin’s visitation rights, Abrams said, the judge will have several options.



Baldwin already apologized Thursday through a spokesman, and on Friday explained himself on his Web site.


“I’m sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case.”

,,

No comments: